Couch

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Today is the first blog day

Blogs are so 2003, huh? Even writing that is so 2003. Well, f that. I loved 2003. So, here in 2004 I am trying to bring it back. I am sitting on my couch starting my first blog. Watching Law and Order. On a regular weekday night. Not regular in that I am sitting on my couch. Usually I am either out until 10:30ish - - visiting friends, eating at a restaurant - - or I am lying on my couch. Ha. But the just sitting here all night has caused me to start this blog. I needed something to do and doing it I am.

I got engaged two weeks ago. Well, we got engaged. It was fun and continues to be but I am in denial too about certain things. Like planning a wedding. Yeah, I'm the bride. Well, the bride to be that is. But I am not your typical New York City bride. Well, now wouldn't all New York City brides say that? I won't even say, "but it's true!" That would be too typical. So, yeah I am in denial. That shit takes a lot of work. "That shit" being my wedding. A wedding. THE wedding. (I guess I won't be linking this blog to our wedding site. Heh.)

That's basically the only thing I am in denial about. So, no, I don't "have a date yet". One of these days we will. Now that will be an even bigger day then when we got engaged. I knew the engagement was coming. We live together for pete's sake. And if I do say so myself, I am a pretty good roommate and girlfriend. I had no reason to doubt the rock on my left finger was going to get there. Heh.

I think this blog needs some rules. One is that while more that one "heh" might be too many I do think that three "heh"s will signal the end of the day's entry. So, there's one more left for tonight.

So I knew the engagement was coming and I have known for a few months. But a wedding date? Well, that is so final. So, interesting. So, with me for the rest of my life. The date. Plus, as "the bride" I have such power. Such control over that date. I never get to pick another date like it. My birthday - well that's my birthday. My engagement date, well, he got to pick that. The day I met the guy I am going to marry, well, no one selected that. It just is. The wedding date. Well, fuck, I have already been thinking about it too much. Fuck. I am one of those typical New York City brides. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home